FIRSTLY, Quantity Surveying Consultants Ltd or “QSC Ltd” offer the services of Contract Management, Commercial Management, Claims Management & Administration, and Dispute Resolution.
How do we offer our services?
We sub-contract or ‘freelance’ our services to other Consultants (to become their ‘sub-consultant’) or to Contractors or to Project Owners/Developers, who require the services of either a Contracts Manager or a Claims Manager or a Commercial Manager or a Quantity Surveyor or a combination thereof, in order to become their own ‘in-house consultant’.
We are experienced in all aspects of Professional Quantity Surveying; Contracts and Cost engineering; Contract / Project Administration; the Preparation, Appraisal and Negotiation of Construction and Engineering Claims and Dispute resolution.
What Services do we offer?
As your ‘in-house’ Contracts Manager or a Claims Manager or a Commercial Manager or a Quantity Surveyor or a combination thereof, the types of services offered are:
• Contractual Advice (we can act for you as your Contracts Manager providing a full-time service or as a Contracts Adviser providing a part-time service, to ensure the proper administration of your project)
• Contract Documentation (preparation of main contract tender and contract documentation. Preparation of subcontract or Supplier tender and contract documentation)
• Contract Review (during pre-contract award: evaluation, negotiation and recommendation for award of contracts)
• Contract Negotiation (advice and support on contract conditions and contract document compilation)
• Contract Administration (Monitoring correspondence and drafting appropriate responses / Timely issuance of notices, claims / Preparation of variations and final accounts / Financial contract administration / Preparation, evaluation, recommendation of interim and final progress payment claims / Measurement and evaluation of change orders / Preparation of financial status reports / Preparation of Final Accounts / Costs to Complete)
• Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting (includes the timely service of correct notices, maintenance of records and the proper costing of variations including direct and indirect costs, extension of time and loss and expense claims, management of counter claims and back charges)
• Contract Claims (preparation, submission of construction claims on your behalf to avoid or settle disputes and/or defensive actions to claims you receive and/or attendance/negotiation with the other party(s) to the dispute on your behalf)
• Dispute Avoidance and Amicable Resolution (advice on dialogue to reach an amicable settlement wherever possible, avoiding resolution through the courts or arbitration)
• Dispute Management (managing submission of claims to either arbitration or litigation, assisting in appointment of lawyers, and the tribunal and subsequent management of further submissions and proceedings)
• Quantity Surveying Services (focus on tender submissions, tender analysis and contract administration for ongoing projects, variations, settlement of final accounts, etc).
What service Options do we offer?
We can provide the service Options to companies such as your own on any combination of Temporary or Short-term or Long-term basis, on a Full-time or a Part-time / ’As and when needed Retainer’ basis, to suit your company’s requirements and needs.
Ideally, we like to provide a consultancy service for only one client at a time on fulltime long-term basis (for as long as the client requires our services). For example, from February 2018 to June 2020 we provided a fulltime site-based Contracts Management service to Siemens Energy in Thailand.
If, however, your company might only occasionally require our services for matters your company’s staff are not equipped to deal with, we can provide a service to you on a ‘Part-time / ’As and when needed Retainer’ basis, for the agreed number of hours service per month that you consider you require from us to assist you whenever your company requires it and upon whatever issue arises. This is cost-effective option which should be of interest and is an ideal arrangement for smaller companies who do not already have the staff or such skills in-house, or those companies who do not have staff who are native-English speakers or do not have Contract Management skills within the company. For example, during the past calendar year we have been providing such a part-time ‘Part-time / ’As and when needed Retainer’ service to such companies as Siemens Energy, Guardfire Ltd, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and Silamas Services.
From fulltime contract management services to just writing professional contractual and commercial correspondence (letters/emails) on your behalf to your client, we are here to help.
Please contact us to discuss your company’s particular requirements and how we can be of assistance.
If your company have a potential contractual issue or claim developing or need assistance with any of the Services offered above by QSC Ltd, or if you just require more information on QSC Ltd or any of the services listed, then please contact us for preliminary discussion.
SECONDLY, Quantity Surveying Consultants Ltd or “QSC Ltd” offer the services of ‘Marketing’, ‘introductions’ of potential clients and ‘first point of contact’ of PLUS 3’s construction claims services in Thailand and the Mekong Counties (Burma / Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam)
QSC Ltd have collaborated with Plus Three International (“PLUS 3”) to provide services in the field of construction. Both QSC Ltd and PLUS 3 provide similar services in the field of construction, with PLUS 3 being much larger and offering a full range of services (see below). It has been agreed that it would be mutually beneficial for the companies to collaborate to pursue new business and undertake specific projects together and so we have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding for QSC Ltd to (1) undertake ‘marketing’ works of PLUS 3’s construction claims service in Thailand and the Mekong Counties (Burma / Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam), and to (2) make ‘introductions’ of potential clients to PLUS 3. QSC Ltd therefore acts as (3) a ‘first point of contact’ in Thailand for potential clients to contact, discuss and meet (as required) to discuss the hiring of PLUS 3 services.
Who are PLUS 3?
Plus 3 is first and foremost a company of professionals created over 30 years ago to advise and assist organisations within multiple sectors including the construction, engineering, energy and infrastructure industries on complex commercial and contractual matters.
PLUS 3’s global partnerships extends to Malaysia, Hong Kong, UK, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Jordan, KSA, UAE, Qatar, China, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Asia.
For further details on Plus 3 partnership with Quantum Global Solutions and CCR click here
PLUS 3’s partnership offers a full spectrum of contractual, commercial, programme and forensic services, including mediation, arbitration, adjudication, litigation, dispute avoidance and resolution and amicable settlements, including:
• Contract Review
• Contract Negotiation
• Contract Administration
• Cost Control and Record
• Forensic Services
• Project Management
• Risk Management
• Project Evaluation
• Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting
• Contract Claims
• Dispute Avoidance and Amicable Resolution
• Expert Witness
• Adjudication – CIPAA
• Forensic Graphics
• Construction Dynamics Solutions (CDS)
• Litigation Funding
• Bid Quantities and cost management
• Capacity Building
• Resourcing and team augmentation.
If your company have a potential contractual issue or claim developing or need assistance with any of the Services offered above by PLUS 3, or if you just require more information on PLUS 3 or any of the services listed, then please contact us for preliminary discussion.